Sunday, July 24, 2011

PenPal Interview: Kerry Ellis-Ouimette

Kerry Ellis-Ouimette gives this PenPal Interview for Sandbook PenPal Magazine, July 2011, issue 9.



1.      Hello there! How are you doing? Tell us more about yourself, your hobbies, personal life, interests. Hello I am Kerry Ellis-Ouimette I am 35 yrs. old. I am married to Jason. We married Oct 29th 2005 in a Halloween Themed Costume Party Wedding. We have no kids but want some.
2.    If you have to describe yourself in only 5 words what would they be? Crazy  funny  great listener  helper  loving
3.      Tell us something about your town, city or country. I live in Syracuse NY a pretty big city many famous people have lived here gone to college here or were born here
4.    How did you start pen palling? When was that? And why did you decide to start Pen palling? I was 17 or 18 when I started pen palling to get to know other nkotb fans around the world
5.      What do you like / dislike about Pen palling/correspondence? I dislike when people ask you to be pen pals and never writ
6.    How do your friends react when they discover you are into Pen palling? Are they also into it or they give you the “strange” faces? Nope almost all of my friend pen pal also
7.      Do you still stay in touch with your first penpal? Tell us about your first penpal even if you have lost touch with them. We might be able to help you locate him/her. Yes I have met two wonderful women Kelly Brocato from Rhode Island and Denise Owen from England. I still email Facebook and twitter them to keep in contact.
8.    How many Pen pals do you have? Where are they from? I have 50 from all over the world. USA Canada France Poland  checz republic  England
9.   Are you searching for new Pen pals? If yes, please give us some contact information that we can publish in the magazine so that people can write to you back. Not right now I am not looking for any new pen pals.
10. What are you looking for in a penpal? Someone that has some of my same interests and will write me back.
11.  Where do you find new Pen pals from? Do you rely on FBs or Facebook or other websites/blogs? When I look for new pals I make F.B.’s or f.s. or o I write an ad on a pen pal site.
12. Tell us a funny/interesting story from your Pen palling experience? I had 5 bad experiences from Africa where I was asked by pen pals to sell their wares or send them money and when I said no they said mean things about me and told people not to write to me.
13.  How do you keep track of your mail? Share your tip on how to organize ourselves.
14. Do you swap things? Do you like sending gifts to friends? If yes, what is the funniest gift you have ever sent/received? I love to swap stickers stationary and postcards. I even made a page on my website called Kerry’s Trading Post.
15.  Have you met a penpal? If so, let us know how the meeting went. I have met two of my past pen pals and we have stopped being pals back in 1996.
16. What do you usually like writing/reading about in the letters? I type out my pen pal letters with cute pictures because my handwriting it horrible.
17.  When it comes to making cute and personal letters, everyone has his/her own style. Tell us your trick how to make a letter/envelope unique? Do you decorate it? If yes, how. Give us some tips on how to make the letters more interesting. I find pix on the internet I like and place them at the top of my letters and then write my name and address so no one can ever say they don’t know my address.
18. Where do you buy your stationery supplies from? Do you prefer traditional shops or e-shops? If so, give us some links. I don’t always buy it I make my own or swap what I have. I buy my stuff from THE DOLLAR TREE or WALMART. Please check out K & B Accessories~http://members.tripod.com/my_place_2/id40.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...