Friday, July 22, 2011

PenPal Interview: Wyn Pilosi

 Wyn Pilosi gives this PenPal Interview for the Sandbook PenPal Magazine, July 2011, issue 9.
Hello there! How are you doing? Tell us more about yourself, your hobbies, personal life, interests.
Hi!! My name is Wyn, I'm a 58 year old female, looking for pals 40 and above.  Live in Central Florida.  My hobbies are my pals, chatting on the computer, traveling, reading, latch hook rugs, walks on the beach. My collections are snowmen, lighthouses, tea pots, stickers and stationery.  My family is my life. I have 2 daughters and 1 grand daughter who is the love of our lives.  My pals are my family as well. I cherish each and every one of them.

If you have to describe yourself in only 5 words what would they be? 
Funny, faithful, loves life, not a back stabber, always there for a friend or family.  Hmm that's more than 5 words!!!

Tell us something about your town, city or country.
Palm Bay Florida is located in Central Florida on the Space Coast, we are south of the Space Center and East of Disney.  I think Palm Bay is the largest area growing in Florida right now.  We first moved here 27 years ago, the changes and growth are unreal!

How did you start penpalling? When was that? And why did you decide to start Penpalling?
I started pen palling when I was in 5th grade. I love to write and found an article in a teen magazine about palling.  I have never regretted it at all!!!

What do you like / dislike about Penpalling/correspondence?
 I love the friendship, laughter with people.  Love to meet my pals, only had one bad experience.

How do your friends react when they discover you are into Penpalling? Are they also into it or they give you the “strange” faces?
A lot of people give you the strange face, but when you tell them about it they go, wow that does seem very interesting!

Do you still stay in touch with your first penpal? Tell us about your first penpal even if you have lost touch with them. We might be able to help you locate him/her.
I do hear from my first pen pal, she and I just talk on the phone once in awhile. She lives down in Fort Lauderdale.  We started writing when we were in 5th grade.  She is going thru a hard time so I'm a very good listener.

How many Penpals do you have? Where are they from?
I have about 30 or so pals, they are from all over the US, Alaska, Ireland, UK.

Are you searching for new Penpals? If yes, please give us some contact information that we can publish in the magazine so that people can write to you back.
Yes I am looking for pals!! I'm looking for anyone over 40 and will write to all who live in US, UK, Ireland, Germany, France, I only know English. You can e mail me at snowb53(at)aol.com  NO INMATES!!!

What are you looking for in a penpal?
Friendship, laughter, and just enjoy letters from each other.

Where do you find new Penpals from? Do you rely on FBs or Facebook or other websites/blogs.
I get most of my pals from other pals, I don't sign or do FB's anymore, I find when I do that I hear from Inmates.

Tell us a funny/interesting story from your Penpalling experience?
I was writing to a pal and the pal had a male or female name and I didn't know until months later, for some reason I thought that was funny!!!

How do you keep track of your mail? Share your tip on how to organize ourselves.
I keep all my letters together and write down the day I receive it.  That's how organized I am!! HA!

Do you swap things? Do you like sending gifts to friends? If yes, what is the funniest gift you have ever sent/received?
No I don't.

Have you met a penpal? If so, let us know how the meeting went.
I have met several pals and all went great except for one.  She was crazy literally and I didn't realize it until it was too late. Luckily she lived only 20 min from me so I left quickly!

What do you usually like writing/reading about in the letters?
Everyday life makes you realize that you may not be the only one with something going on.

When it comes to making cute and personal letters, everyone has his/her own style. Tell us your trick how to make a letter/envelope unique? Do you decorate it? If yes, how. Give us some tips on how to make the letters more interesting.
I use stampers or stickers.  Try to make it cute!

Where do you buy your stationery supplies from? Do you prefer traditional shops or e-shops? If so, give us some links.
 I get most of my stationary from Image Shop On Line, staples, Fed Ex/Kinko's and now the dollar store has great stationary!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...